[RC5] Removing Stats?

Dave Huang khym at azeotrope.org
Fri Sep 27 15:47:50 EDT 2002

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Bruce Wilson wrote:
> Hold on, folks.  We're talking about how we can show you stats including
> the period between 7/14 and 9/26.  I think it's going to happen, but I
> need some help from others who are also very busy.

I don't get why those stats were removed in the first place... and I
don't remember any work being removed when RC5-56 was solved either.
Of course, there was a much shorter gap between when the key was found
and when the project was closed, but IIRC, credit was given for all the
work that was done in those few days (Oct 19, 1997 to Oct 22, 1997?)

None of this affects me personally, since according to the stats, I
haven't submitted an RC5-64 block since August of last year. I'm
wondering what the rationale behind all of this was though.
INet: khym at azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net