[RC5] Removing Stats?

Jason Hartzell jhartzell at arcataassoc.com
Fri Sep 27 13:48:36 EDT 2002

That's great news.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Wilson [mailto:bwilson at distributed.net]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 11:20 AM
To: rc5 at lists.distributed.net
Subject: RE: [RC5] Removing Stats?

Hold on, folks.  We're talking about how we can show you stats including
the period between 7/14 and 9/26.  I think it's going to happen, but I
need some help from others who are also very busy.

Your point about things beyond your control is exactly the motivation
behind putting stats back.  As someone else said, our policy has been to
give full credit when work has been invalidated.  The fact that we knew
before you did doesn't change the fact that you were all working very
hard to turn around those blocks.  Likewise, you could make the case
that only one block out of the whole project was "necessary".

We're still working out when, if and how we will bring back the stats in
the gap, but you can be sure that we aren't going to just drop this
without more serious discussion internally.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net