[RC5] Removing Stats?

Jason Hartzell jhartzell at arcataassoc.com
Fri Sep 27 13:51:46 EDT 2002

>> Hold on, folks.  We're talking about how we can show you stats including
>> the period between 7/14 and 9/26.  I think it's going to happen, but I
>> need some help from others who are also very busy.
>
>I don't get why those stats were removed in the first place... and I
>don't remember any work being removed when RC5-56 was solved either.
>Of course, there was a much shorter gap between when the key was found
>and when the project was closed, but IIRC, credit was given for all the
>work that was done in those few days (Oct 19, 1997 to Oct 22, 1997?)

I do recall that there were stats adjustments after CSC. It's a bit hard to
tell since those stats are no longer available. I also assumed it had
something to do with the 'over run' that was encountered during CSC that
actually ending up putting keyspace % complete over 100%. I don't know if
they 'threw away' users work. If they did, I don't think people would be as
upset since not everyone worked on CSC, and it was such a short project
anyway.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net