[RC5] Removing Stats?

Robert A. Rosenberg dnet at rarpsl.com
Sat Sep 28 01:41:13 EDT 2002

NOTE - THIS IS A RE-SUBMISSION OF A POST I MADE FRIDAY EVENING THAT
WENT OUT UNDER AN ADDRESS THAT IS NO LONGER VALID (AND WHICH WAS NO
LONGER SUBSCRIBED TO THE LIST).

                         *****************************

At 23:49 -0700 on 09/26/2002, Victor A. Wagner, Jr. wrote about Re:
[RC5] Removing Stats?:

>yeah, you're the only one

No he is not. The fact that they KNEW as of July 14 that RC5 was
solved BUT DELIBERATELY KEPT THIS INFORMATION SECRET AND CONTINUED
THE CHALLENGE UNTIL A FEW DAYS AGO is enough to REQUIRE the last two
months of stats to be considered valid.

This is not a case of the fact that the correct value was found not
to be spotted by DNET for a few days and then shutting down and
voiding the "few days" of effort.  It is the continuing of the
challenge AFTER they were aware that any more effort was wasted
(effort that COULD have been redirected to OGR). This failure to shut
down is justification enough IMO to make all the work submitted until
they DID shut down "Valid".

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net