[RC5] Removing Stats?

tomdv at datatx.com tomdv at datatx.com
Sat Sep 28 14:03:26 EDT 2002

Thanks Bruce,
Tom

"Bruce Wilson" <bwilson at distributed.net>
Sent by: owner-rc5 at lists.distributed.net
27/09/02 20:20
Please respond to rc5

        To:     <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: [RC5] Removing Stats?

Hold on, folks.  We're talking about how we can show you stats including
the period between 7/14 and 9/26.  I think it's going to happen, but I
need some help from others who are also very busy.

Your point about things beyond your control is exactly the motivation
behind putting stats back.  As someone else said, our policy has been to
give full credit when work has been invalidated.  The fact that we knew
before you did doesn't change the fact that you were all working very
hard to turn around those blocks.  Likewise, you could make the case
that only one block out of the whole project was "necessary".

We're still working out when, if and how we will bring back the stats in
the gap, but you can be sure that we aren't going to just drop this
without more serious discussion internally.

__

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net