[RC5] rsa=bozos and /n/th plea for a bit of assistance.

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Mon Sep 30 10:39:23 EDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Göran Edvardsson wrote:

> But taking 1½ month to write one piece of paper seems a LITTLE bit
> excessive... It certainly didn't make them popular with us!

(1) RSA doesn't seem to care about their popularity.  They seem to exist
to basically extract as much money as possible from patents that should
never have been let to live as long as they did.  Feel free to protest the
destructive policies of the patent system at your convenience.  :-)

(2) Press wonks don't care about how many cycles we're all chewing up
while they pick lint from their navel.  If you haven't experienced real
press wonkery first hand you can get AbFab on DVD now and learn.  ;-)

.  .  .

Incidentally, I'm still hoping somebody "in the know" will help me recover
my team since it was dorked with the anti-html fun so long ago.  (Yes I've
sent requests to help at .  No this isn't the first post on the mailing list
either.)  Please look at:

	http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmsummary.php?project_id=25&team=3485

I'll be happy to beta test rc5-72 clients and/or pproxies whether that
helps me get into my team page or not.  But I'd fire up my MicroVAX II and
test it on there if somebody would just let me in to fix my team page!

Speaking of rc5, has any consideration been put into increasing the
minimum block size for rc5-72?

--
</chris>

Camels may be nasty beasts, but they're the only way to get through the
desert.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net