[RC5] /n/th plea for a bit of assistance.

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Mon Sep 30 11:50:47 EDT 2002

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Scott Dodson wrote:

> Other than the html formatting issues which are discussed when setting
> team motto, what problems are you having with the team?

Their is no captain in the database for our team so noone can get the
password sent to them so I can't fix the exposed html tags.  Our team page
says "If you are the team coordinator, and you've forgotten your team
password, click [here] and the password will be mailed to ."  Many clicks
on [here] have landed in the bit bucket it seems.  The person that was the
captain is only tangentially involved with the team at this point and he's
been through six e-mail addresses since he set the thing up, and has no
idea which of those he started the team with or what the password was.
Personally I'd just like to be able to go in and undork the html, but my
quest with the team captain and various dnet contacts has been long and
fruiless.  [sigh.] It's obviously not a big deal and I'm going to keep
contributing blocks regardless of whether the team page looks nasty or
not, but if you'd be willing to fix it so I can fix the html it would make
me inordinately happy.

> The minimum size for rc5-72 blocks will be larger, as will the max.  I
> believe the figure tossed around was 2^32-2^36, though I'm not certain.

Wow.  Cool.  Then you won't hear me complaining any more about the
fragmentation of blocks being fed to my pproxy.  I wonder how long a 2^36
block will take on my dual Athlon box.  Bru-hahahaha.  Looking forward to
it.

--
</chris>

The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
	-Oscar Wilde, writer (1854-1900)

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net