[RC5] AMD X86-64 port

Dave Huang khym at azeotrope.org
Fri Apr 25 16:18:10 EDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 03:06:09PM -0500, Dean Morrell wrote:
> Does anyone have one of these yet?  I should think porting would require
> the chip.

Simulators have been available for quite some time...
<http://www.x86-64.org/downloads>. For example, the NetBSD operating
system was ported to x86-64 back in mid 2001, without any access to
the chip. If a whole OS can be ported, I'm sure an RC5 client can be
made too :)

Of course, hardware _is_ available now, so if you can get access to
the real thing, it'd certainly be nicer.
INet: khym at azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 27 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net