Re(2): [RC5] "Pause if running" on Mac

Scott Dodson sdodson at eagle4.cc.gasou.edu
Sun Apr 27 15:38:11 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 15:30, dunno(TM) wrote:
> >An option might be to use the "pause if this file is present"
> >functionality and create/delete a file as part of the login scripts
>
> thanks for your reply!
>
> i've thought of that option as well. however, i don't know a file that's
> only there when someone is logged in, and to have other users create a
> file upon login is too much to ask (we have about 500 user-accounts).
>
> most users have their home directory mounted into /Volumes/Userdata/
> though, so i could maybe use a file like /Volumes/Userdata/
> pause_dnetc.file - i'll try that tomorrow. the remaining problem would be
> the users who have their home directory on the same machine they're
> logging in on (that's not many users though, so i could make a login/
> logout script for 'em).

OSX is a Unix based operating system. It should be trivial to alter
things to create a file at login and remove it at logout.  I don't know
what shell it uses, or how the login process works, but I'd take a look
at the configuration scripts for whatever shell or other things are
started at login.

--
Scott
sdodson at distributed.net