[RC5] OGR-24 100%

Jeff Lawson jlawson at bovine.net
Mon Aug 18 13:13:05 EDT 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, James Healy wrote:

> | The page is showing 100% due to rounding. As of last night, there were
> | 374 stubs that were still incomplete.
> |
> | As someone else mentioned, OGR-25 is what's next. }:8)
>
> While we're talking about multiple passes...
>
> Now that the bug in the OGR core(s) has been resolved, will OGR-26+ only
> require 1 pass?

It is not a bug that requires the need to do two passes--it is the need to
have confidence in the quality of the mathematical results.  Two passes
were always part of the plan for OGR.  There is a non-zero amount of bogus
results (even from recent clients) that get discarded during verification,
probably due to CPU overheating, malfunctioning, or data corruption.