[RC5] newbie question

stvernaillen at ge.cokecce.com stvernaillen at ge.cokecce.com
Fri Aug 22 11:31:34 EDT 2003

> | Only reason I'm still here is the program is stable, reliable, small,
> | stats are easy to understand.

Don't forget the availability of a client for almost any platform, not just
Windows/x86 ( or an occasional linux/x86 )
And my absolute favorite is the personal proxy. an absolute must if you
have a bit more then  1 desktop at home
It's also -mostly- open source, but I won't go in that discussion...

But...I can't get excited over RC5 cracking keys either, that's why my
systems do 100% OGR.
It may not be solving AIDS or Cancer, but as far as I can tell we still
need to see some actual results from those projects as well...they have
lists of "interesting molecules", etc but that's like SETI has interesting
"spikes" or Gausians". OGR should at least give us definate
accomplishments.

If people know interesting projects they would like for distributed.net to
tackle ,try and find someone that knows the ins and outs of it and convince
him/her to work with the dnet staff  to implement the specifics in the
client.

My two Euro-cents
Stan

disc : yes, I'm a dnet staff member (sod75 at distributed.net ) , well ...I
try to help anyway :)

This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
 it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential and
 privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader
 of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
 that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
 please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
 Thank you