[RC5] Of relevance to the RC5 project

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Tue Dec 2 09:42:51 EST 2003

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Slawek wrote:
> Daniel Quintiliani wrote:
> > http://www.msnbc.com/news/999894.asp
> >
> >  From Slashdot:
> >
> > "A paper, published by Intel researchers, claims we might be the witnesses
> > of Moore's Law becoming obsolete, as the rate of shrinkage for transistors
> > goes lower with each year. In 2018 we might be able to get the chips
> > manufactured with 16-nanometer technology, then one or two more
> > manufacturing processes will shrink it even further, but after that we're
> > facing the physical limits."
>
> So we'll switch from 2D to 3D technology decreasing average distances
> beetween transistors inside the chip.
>
> Don't worry about that.

If you ever get worried about these sorts of things you can always read
"The Harrow Technology Report":

	http://www.theharrowgroup.com/

I'm not affiliated with him in any way, but I've been enjoying his
newsletter since he was at DEC.  It's really sucks that HP killed all his
old articles.  When he was getting funded to write these things full time
they were even fuller.

--
</chris>

No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical.
-Niels Bohr, physicist (1885-1962)