[RC5] Dnet.com

Scott Dodson sdodson at sdodson.com
Thu Dec 4 09:50:39 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "waldo kitty" <wkitty42 at alltel.net>
To: "D.net Discussion" <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: [RC5] Dnet.com

> Greg Lobring wrote:
>
> > Any word from Symantec on when their virus definitions will no longer
> > think Dnet.com is a trojan?
> >
> > As of the Dec. 3 virus definitions, it still thinks it is!
>
> as long as there is/are trojans out there going around installing the dnet
client, i'd suspect that the definition > will remain like that... the
question is if you can tell it to ignore the dnet client...

Despite my numerous attempts to contact them both through their AV research
address and customer service they've been unresponsive.  I would urge anyone
having issues with it to contact customer support and express your
displeasure with their product.

You can exclude dnetc.com through the exclusions setup, I'm not familiar
with the consumer products, we only use corperate edition where I work so I
couldn't describe how to do this.  However, 99% of our participants don't
use dnetc.com or need it.  dnetc.exe is where everything happens and most
installs run this file which is not currently detected.

--
Scott
sdodson at sdodson.com
sdodson at distributed.net