[RC5] abandoning dnet :(

Elektron elektron_rc5 at yahoo.ca
Sun Dec 21 22:27:21 EST 2003

On Sunday, Dec 21, 2003, at 04:49 Asia/Hong_Kong, chandler
sobel-sörenson wrote:

> Patented products that could help tens of thousands of people.  Yeah I
> don't
> have a problem giving without receiving :)  I am still working on ogr
> also,
> since this other client doesn't seem to utilize my 2nd cpu at all.

Then run two clients, and the OS should stuff them on separate CPUs.

I don't have a problem 'giving' either (OGR has no prizes), but there's
a problem when the real reason (most) drug companies do this is to
patent drugs for a large profit, and helping people makes for some good
PR along the way, too.

And either way, I'm thinking it'd help more people if we just saved on
the electricity and gave the money to charity. But that could just be
me.

- Purr