[RC5] RC5-72

Jim C. Nasby decibel at distributed.net
Wed Dec 31 11:13:41 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 11:34:10PM +0100, Jean-Edouard BABIN wrote:

> I am not sure i have correctly understand the problem and i'did not know php
> a lot, but if you want to have
> pg_query('SET STATEMENT_TIMEOUT=30000'); for all page and
> pg_query('SET STATEMENT_TIMEOUT=15000'); for country page
> I think you can try to test the evironment variable REQUEST_URI in
> db_pgsql.php.diff and set 15000 or 30000

Hrm, kinda ugly (I'd hoped the PHP in the individual pages could
over-ride as required), but it might work. On the other hand, I think
setting up a set_timeout function in the database class should work.

BTW, I greatly appreciated people's suggestions, but it would probably
be best if we could move this discussion to
stats-dev at lists.distributed.net. :)
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant                  jim at nasby.net