[RC5] rc5-72 mac os client

Christian Bøtker Høj cbh at saxotech.com
Wed Feb 12 23:55:12 EST 2003

On onsdag, feb 12, 2003, at 23:05 Europe/Copenhagen, aSe wrote:

>>> I've got access to a lab of mac machines running OS 9.2. I was
>>> wondering
>>> if there is a max os client that'll run rc5-72. any help would be
>>> wonderful! :)
>>
>> Well, I don't know.  Is there one listed at
>> http://www.distributed.net/download/ ?  Need
>> version 2.9000 or greater to do rc5-72.
>>

> Nope, just an old one that'll do rc5-64 and ogr. Weird ppc's are
> suppost tobe
> the fastest rc5 crunchers, strange their isn't a mac os client.

So far, there is only a client for Mac OS X and it hasn't been
optimized for AltiVec/Velocity Engine yet, so it is actually quite slow
right now. I have a dual 1GHz G4 just waiting to sink it's teeth into
RC5-72, so I am looking forward to an optimized version of the Mac OS X
client.
I haven't heard anything about the possibility of a Mac OS 9 client so
your lab access will do no good for now - unless you set them to work
on OGR which is optimized for AltiVec/Velocity Engine.

Christian
--
I have a full size map of the world.
At the bottom it says "1 inch = 1 inch."