[RC5] Re: future projects

Christian Hessmann news at hessmann.de
Sun Feb 16 23:25:54 EST 2003

Hello Juergen,

> >They proposed an attack on MD5, and their papers
> >(http://www.certainkey.com/dnet/) looked quite good.
> Currently NEO is working on this project. Wasn't there a rule not to
> compete with other groups anymore?

Yes, and that's ok, but NEO is just working on it because d.net
rejected (or did not answer or what else...).

And I don't take NEO to serious (who could seriously think about
breaking a 2048bit RSA-key?!?), despite the fact that they do not have
clients for any other operating system than windows.

My last hope for d.net is OGR, because I too think that breaking
RC5-72 is just playing with statistics and does not proove anything...
:(

--
cu Hessi
 23:19:25 up 1 day,  8:46,  5 users,  load average: 0.76, 0.43, 0.20
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net