[RC5] Re: future projects

Juergen Bethke Jo.Bo at gmx.de
Mon Feb 17 20:11:44 EST 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:25:54 +0100, you wrote:

Hi,

>Yes, and that's ok, but NEO is just working on it because d.net
>rejected (or did not answer or what else...).

Yeah, maybe..

>And I don't take NEO to serious (who could seriously think about
>breaking a 2048bit RSA-key?!?), despite the fact that they do not have
>clients for any other operating system than windows.

Was this the xbox challenge? At least, that draw a lot of attention, as
is Seti at Home.

>My last hope for d.net is OGR, because I too think that breaking
>RC5-72 is just playing with statistics and does not proove anything...
>:(

D.net has a stable client and a large user basis. Many of the users are
in it for the stats. That is not my intention but I have to accept that.
As I have to accept, that d.net is trying to satisfy the majority.

regards
	Juergen

--

e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net