[RC5] dnet is the best designed program out there IMO

Jared jared at geek-boy.com
Fri Jan 3 00:58:39 EST 2003

On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 12:20 AM, Brad T. wrote:

> but the reward doesn't cover the cost of electricity being used by the
> winner

	I've considered the idea to be that you're using the electrons anyway,
by running boxen 24/7, so why not put them to work?

	The amount of power drawn by a machine with 100% busy CPUs is not that
greater than one with idle CPUs - just ask my UPS. Of course, I'm
talking about dual-cpu boxen, not quad or 8-way.

	I mean, if you have machines dedicated to dnet, that's cool, but a
little shortsighted don't you think?

cheers,

- Jared

--