[RC5] MacOS9 Client?

Michael Pelletier mvpel at nortelnetworks.com
Sat Jan 11 10:46:44 EST 2003

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Jeroen van Rijn wrote:

> forgive my ingorance, but what would a pratical application of
> an optimal golumb be?
>
> I know it's something like "1,3,6" for a short one... but what
> is the practical use of that except for theoretical mathematics?
> if you would be so kind to give a short explanation of its uses,
> I might consider switching myself.

>From http://www.distributed.net/ogr/
===
OGR's have many applications including sensor placements for X-ray
crystallography and radio astronomy. Golomb rulers can also play a
significant role in combinatorics, coding theory and communications,
and Dr. Golomb was one of the first to analyze them for use in these
areas.
===

	-Michael Pelletier.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net