[RC5] Various blocks still missing..

Dave Hart davehart at davehart.com
Wed Jan 22 08:54:58 EST 2003

It was a different subscriber this time, on the other side of the world.
The timing is apparently just a coincidence.  This 2nd looping
subscriber has been manually removed from the rc5 list.  If you look
closely at the Received: lines on the duplicated (later) copies between
the two incidents you can see the different mailers involved.  In each
case, someone or some mailer resent mail to the header To: Cc: addresses
when they should have only been delivering it to a single SMTP envelope
RCPT.

Thank you for bringing this latest problem to our attention.  Mark Duell
reported it up on IRC a few hours earlier and it was fixed then.  For
more information on our IRC channel, see
http://www.distributed.net/discussion/.  Short form:  #distributed on
irc.distributed.net.

FYI, the latest problem subscriber has been BCC'd on this message so
they can see all the fuss they've caused.  :)

Dave Hart