[RC5] Partial work saved during time limit shutdown?

Michael Pelletier mvpel at nortelnetworks.com
Sat Jan 25 17:07:12 EST 2003

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, O.Mico wrote:

> It is not a bug ! Packets remain in memory so when the client
> close itself blocks being proecessed are not saved it's clear
> and logical...

But it seems that if the buffer-in-memory-only setting is set, the
shutdown of the client should cause the partial blocks to be saved
back to the same file that they were loaded from, in a similar
manner in which it saves the completed blocks to the remote buffers,
rather than being simply discarded.

I'd like to avoid any disk I/O on the system other than its NFS
transactions to the buffer directories.

	-Michael Pelletier.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net