[RC5] Show Number of Packets Fetched

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Jul 1 02:03:26 EDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:18:07 -0400 "Scott Dodson" <sdodson at sdodson.com> wrote:
> It was my understanding that the client doesn't indicate how many OGR stats
> units the client downloads because there's no way to determine the size of a
> packet prior to completion.  I think that's what the issue here is.

I already remember from the "running" messages (when the most
recent packet was completed) how many packets were in my in-queue.
And I know what my fetch threshold is.  So by simple arithmetic
I know how many packets OUGHT to have been fetched.  But I would
like confirmation of how many packets were ACTUALLY fetched.
[As it is, I have to look at the byte-size of my buff-in.ogr
file to determine if my in-queue has been filled as expected.]

Because I manually dial-up, and manually initiate the fetch,
I *would* like to know if for some reason (e.g., connection
errors) I were left without the "cushion" of a full in-queue.

mikus