[RC5] [Fwd: dnetc Client and OpenOffice.org [HGN200305070000000534974]]

Scott Dodson sdodson at eagle4.cc.gasou.edu
Wed May 7 20:29:06 EDT 2003

I'm assuming this was meant to be posted to this list rather than sent
to help at distributed.net.

I'm not certain exactly how much java involvement there is with
openoffice, however Java runs it's garbage collection at idle priority.
It's a well known issue that, because of this, java applications do not
run at optimum speed when the client is run.  Anyone here on the list
have a better understanding of the interactions of our client and java
applications?

Thanks,
Scott
help at distributed.net