[RC5] Using Remote Buffers with Windows XP

Ray Booysen rj_booysen at iafrica.com
Wed May 28 16:20:11 EDT 2003

Hi all

I run two computers with Windows XP on a LAN.  I want the two to share
buffers.  This is because of a bug with the personal proxy that doens't
detect a dial-up connection properly so my packets don't get uploaded
and new ones downloaded.  I have a mail server that dials up at 19:00
and I want the proxy to update, but it won't work Both of the clients
are in \program files\distributed.net.

I want the computer without the modem to use the buffers of the client
with the modem.  Unfortunately I can't share \program files because XP
won't allow it.  Without sounding petty I want to be able to share the
buffers without moving the location of the client.
Any help?

Thanks

--
Ray Booysen