[RC5] Team ID renumbering

David McNett nugget at distributed.net
Tue Nov 4 17:58:45 EST 2003

On 04-Nov-2003, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> In a nutshell, I want to renumber all the teams with really high IDs. If
> I don't see any comments about it, I'll probably do it tonight or
> tommorow, so speak now or forever hold your peace. }:8)

bikeshed!  bikeshed!

This will break everyone's URLs, right?  While it's not a terrible
inconvenience, if we do decide to do it we should warn users first
(at a minimum) and provide redirects for a while (ideally).  There
are surely zillions of team pages with hrefs which rely on the
current team numbers.

|David McNett          |To ensure privacy and data integrity this message|
|nugget at distributed.net|has been encrypted by using dual rounds of ROT-13|
|Austin, TX USA        |finger nugget at distributed.net for my news and pgp|