[RC5] Team ID renumbering

waldo kitty wkitty42 at alltel.net
Wed Nov 5 06:45:38 EST 2003

Larry Cloud wrote:
> I'd like to add in my wondering "why"?  What will it accomplish?  It seems
> like it will only be detrimental to the thousands of people within some
> arbitrary "high ID number" - I'm glad I won't be on the receiving end of all
> those emails from people who aren't on this list asking "what happened to my
> stats?  my id# is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and its GONE!  What did you do?!?".
> Granted, its your baby, you can do what you want, but I seriously don't see
> anyone chiming in with "what a wonderful idea decibel"...

agreed... i can't see any real reason for it other than to possibly compact the base... then again, the ID number doesn't have to be
(and IMHO shouldn't be) based on the record number in the database... its just a number... reissue them like the US is doing with
social security numbers after folk have passed if you really want to... give a year with no activity and have at it...

(that reminds me, guess i need to get my perproxy and clients updated)

--
        _\/