[RC5] Mac OSX client "Pause if running" busted?

Elektron elektron_rc5 at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 13 01:02:28 EST 2003

On Wednesday, Nov 12, 2003, at 22:43 Asia/Hong_Kong,
groovyr at comcast.net wrote:

> it appears "Pause if running" is busted in Mac OSX client.
> Has anyone else been able to get it work in the current beta
> or stable release?

It doesn't work if the program is a CFM program (i.e. not mach-o, i.e.
most carbon programs), because the actual command that runs is
"LaunchCFMApp". I'd consider this a bug (because, say, Deimos Rising is
something I'd like to play and have dnetc auto-pause). The fix is not
to pass -c to ps.

> While I am here,   is there any time frame for a truly optimized G5
> core?

I think this requires someone with both access to a G5 and tons of free
time to write a core. I'm missing the G5.

- Purr