[RC5] Three new cores - binary version

tomdv at datatx.com tomdv at datatx.com
Thu Sep 18 20:05:40 EDT 2003

Hear hear,

James Healy <jimmy at deefa.com>
Sent by: rc5-bounces at lists.distributed.net
18/09/03 17:24
Please respond to "D.net Discussion"

        To:     "D.net Discussion" <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [RC5] Three new cores - binary version

As a ASM incompenent dnet participant, i must say it's great to see so
much community work on the cores/clients.

Very heartening compared the usual whining to dnet staff about blah blah
blah..

just thought i'd throw that out there :)

James

Slawek wrote:
| Hello,
|

| I think it's great effort placed currently on optimising d.net rc5
cores.
| I'm aware of at least three new cores which are being developed,
| but are unavailable even on beta clients at the moment.
|

| I know that there are many people which would like to test those
| cores on their systems and share their performance results.
|
| All after all the more good performance results we get, the more
| probability those cores being included in near future.
|

| So well, I have created a version of d.net client equipped with those
| three additional cores and put it on my server.
|
| If somebody is interested than fell free to download and check
| the performance. New cores are:
| - 9 - SGP 3-pipe - my core optimised for Pentium 4 / Xeon
| - 10 - GO 2-pipe - core by Vyacheslav Chupyatov optimised for Athlons
| - 11 - MA 3-pipe - core by Matt Andrews optimised for Pentium M
|        (am I corrent here, Matt?)
|

| The download is here (Windows version compiled by Visual Studio .NET
2003):
| ftp://ftp.telsatgp.com.pl/tmp/dnet/rc5.20030918.zip
| (the link may wrap)
|

| Please please please report the performane you get with the client.
| Preferrably on bugzilla entries, but it would be ok as well to report
it on
| this list.
|

| Have fun,

- --
"Oder tis moodle in der noggin tu smacken der ouchey und
vinger-slingers ur to smacken-backen und fix de morkin, yoobetcha!"
~                           - The Sweedish Chef.

personal : jimmy at deefa.com / Work: james at rainbowbooks.com.au
MelbWireless: treasurer at wireless.org.au
msn: jimmy at deefa.com / ICQ : 6370237
publicKey: http://www.deefa.com/publicKey.txt