[RC5] OGR24

Didier Levet kakace at wanadoo.fr
Sat Apr 17 06:51:49 EDT 2004

Le 17 avr. 04, à 12:27, Richard Menedetter a écrit :

> Hi All!
>
> What is the status of OGR-24 ?
>
> An old announcement from Aug. 2003 says that:
> *) new OGR algorithm will be implemented
> *) new clients with the ability to combine meny small OGR packets into
> on will
>    come out
>
> What's the progress here ?
>
> Is the OGR-25 work we are doing right now valuable ?

New clients and proxies are being tested for some time now.
These clients will handle OGR-24 and OGR-25 finalization
pass (remaining stubs space). Also note that OGR-25
finalization pass would be quite long - I expect it to take more
than a year to complete, at the current rate.

As far as I can tell, the new clients as well as the proxies
would be publicly available soon, unless something comes
up wrong.

Kind regards, Didier.