[RC5] Re: Needing testers (Mac OS X/G5)

Didier Levet kakace at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 9 13:05:26 EDT 2004

Le 9 août 04, à 18:13, Dead J. Dona a écrit :

>>> So when we see 494 with new cores??
>>
>> All I can say is your G5 was rather busy when you ran the
>> benchmarks, so please don't draw any conclusion on them.
>
> Yep, it was busy with another d.net client, thats why benchmarks was
> so low...
> When I stopped main client, I recieve next numbers from benchmark -
> 23M, 30M, and 22M.
> So when we see 494 version??

These numbers look much better ;-)
I guess 494 would be out soon. The new code base (all platforms) is
actually being
tested and if it proves better on almost all of them, it will probably
be accepted. By
now, I know of some speedup on x86 and Sparcs (upto 10%).
If coders/porters choose to stay with the old code base, I'll then
rewrite the cores
so you'll get them in anyway.

Didier.