[RC5] Re: Needing testers (Mac OS X/G5)

Slawek sgp at telsatgp.com.pl
Mon Aug 9 12:57:57 EDT 2004

Hello!
In message to <rc5 at lists.distributed.net> sent Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:13:59
+0300 you wrote:

 SP>> All I can say is your G5 was rather busy when you ran the
 SP>> benchmarks, so please don't draw any conclusion on them.

 DJD> Yep, it was busy with another d.net client, thats why benchmarks was
 DJD> so low...

 DJD> Macs make me #2 at everyday top100. So I hope new version gives me
 DJD> more stubs....

 DJD> When I stopped main client, I recieve next numbers from benchmark -
 DJD> 23M, 30M, and 22M.

Ohh, so G5 is another processor with the problem similar to Pentium 4?
I thought this was something specific to HyperThreading only.

D.net benchmark works in normal priority - just as your other
applications/daemons.
If benchmark is slowed down by d.net background cruncher - your other
processes are likely to be slowed down as well.

--
Slawek Piotrowski