[RC5] CPU/OS Distribution stats page question

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at voliacable.com
Sat Dec 25 15:58:18 EST 2004

Hello!

I was looking through the stats pages, and found the CPU/OS Distribution page,
http://stats.distributed.net/misc/platformlist.php?project_id=8&view=tco
I've got some questions about it.

1. It says that client for Mac OS X running on an x86 has submitted 21 blocks.
There is no client for Mac OS X running on an x86. How could Mac OS X run on
an x86? If it is running under Power PC emulator (pearpc --
http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/ for example), then dnetc wouldn't report that
it is running on an x86. Dnetc shouldn't know that it is running under
emulator -- emulation works that way. If the client is running under Darwin
compiled for x86, then the stats page should read "dnetc running under Darwin
on an x86". I should also note that I know little about Power PC, Apple
software and related stuff.

2. It also says that client for Linux running on an Java VM has submitted 32
blocks. Is there/Was there a Java client? And can Linux run under a Java VM?

3. MorphOS on an x86. No client.

So, can anyone explain those things to me?

Best regards,
Dmitri Gribenko