[RC5] Do not forget about the cheaters :)

Jerome Lamarque globulle at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 15:28:58 EST 2004

Happy New Year everyone!

À 10:15 +0200 8/01/2004, Dead J. Dona tapotait avec ses mimines
pleines de doigts :
>When you see 2000+ units coming from 1 client per day (note: not one
>IP address but 1 client on 1 box) you know something is fishy since
>no one PC is fast enough to that.
>
>PC suxx. PowerMac G5 2MHz can do this.

Not to mention the 2 GigaHertz ones ;-)

A 1.8 GHz PowerPC 970 (aka G5) trounces 13MKeys/s

>One day I flush nearly 1 Mb of random RC5 blocks and havent any
>credits for this. I've checked stats few days - and nothing. =( So I
>switched back to OGR.

It has always been this way, when rc5 was nicknamed 56 ;)

ADSL & Cable rocks ;) (and I won't say a word about T1)
--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly

There is another which states that this has already happened.