[RC5] Do not forget about the cheaters :)

Dead J. Dona unholy_undead at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 04:38:02 EST 2004

  Happy New Year everyone!

  ю 10:15 +0200 8/01/2004, Dead J. Dona tapotait avec ses mimines
  pleines de doigts :
  >When you see 2000+ units coming from 1 client per day (note: not one
  >IP address but 1 client on 1 box) you know something is fishy since
  >no one PC is fast enough to that.
  >
  >PC suxx. PowerMac G5 2MHz can do this.

  Not to mention the 2 GigaHertz ones ;-)

  A 1.8 GHz PowerPC 970 (aka G5) trounces 13MKeys/s

  and dont forget that there TWO processors on 2 GHz and 1.8 GHz macs

  >One day I flush nearly 1 Mb of random RC5 blocks and havent any
  >credits for this. I've checked stats few days - and nothing. =( So I
  >switched back to OGR.

  It has always been this way, when rc5 was nicknamed 56 ;)

  too bad that ogr24 hasn't any results since it reached 100%.

  4all

  maybe client should save timestamp at completed packet. something like 12:34:56 started 12:43:65 finished and server can compare completion time for this CPU with average time for this type of CPU