[RC5] RE: Do not forget about the cheaters :)

groovyr at comcast.net groovyr at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 07:40:46 EST 2004

At 8:24 AM -0500 1/8/04, rc5-request at lists.distributed.net wrote:
>When you see 2000+ units coming from 1 client per day (note: not one IP address
>but 1 client on 1 box) you know something is fishy since no one PC is fast enough to that.
>
>PC suxx. PowerMac G5 2MHz can do this.

no it can not.   The client is not optimized for G5 and thus
it does less and a G4+ running 1.42 GHz.  A dual G5 does 40K keys a second.

I own BOTH a dual G4 and Dual G5 and a P4 (Ok granted a P4 does suck at RC5)

>One day I flush nearly 1 Mb of random RC5 blocks and havent any credits for this. I've checked stats few days - and nothing. =( So I switched back to OGR.

yes it happens.   I have had that happen to me also.   However you should ALWAYS
duplicate the out file before a large flush.  If that happens do what i do  and move a copy
back in and flush again.  works great.