[RC5] RE: Do not forget about the cheaters :)

groovyr at comcast.net groovyr at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 08:00:35 EST 2004

At 5:36 PM -0500 1/8/04, rc5-request at lists.distributed.net wrote:
> > Yes but it is failing and failed when a few on the German team were
>cheating
>> back in September and is failing now for the polish team which has obvious
>> cheating going on.   ....
>
>Please don't be so fast on posting that the "a few on the German team were
>cheating back in September".

when i said the German team i mean the top German team. I highly doubt a
German team that cranks out only 200 units a day is cheating  :)

please when you join a thread stay in context of the thread and remember
what we are talking about which is cheaters with high daily output.

>I'm the administrator for the official German Hardware Network website and
>stats-systems and I don't know of _any_ cheat-WorkUnit that was/is counted
>for our team (I just suppose you mean our team, as the other german teams
>mostly don't have "german" in their name ;).
>Every cheater we remark (e.g. because he used our proxy to submit his work)
>is reported to distributed.net - that happened one time so far and the
>account was removed.
>So I don't know were you got your idea from, that some of our team cheated
>but I think you just need to check your information on that better... ;)
>
>Best regards,
>Gudi
>(Andreas Gudian)

straight from TPTB and the fact units were taken away from the team.
Also the word CHEATER was inserted in the names of those who were caught.
Not sure who inserted that you or TPTB but it is there right now.