AW: [RC5] RE: Do not forget about the cheaters :)

Gudi gudi at rc5team.de
Fri Jan 9 08:11:58 EST 2004

> when i said the German team i mean the top German team. I
> highly doubt a
> German team that cranks out only 200 units a day is cheating  :)
>

> please when you join a thread stay in context of the thread
> and remember
> what we are talking about which is cheaters with high daily output.

The German Hardware Network IS the top ranked german team. So I am aware of
what you're speaking of... ;)
And I just wanted to point that clear.

> straight from TPTB and the fact units were taken away from the team.
> Also the word CHEATER was inserted in the names of those who
> were caught.
> Not sure who inserted that you or TPTB but it is there right now.

Accounts that are recognized as "cheaters" are not marked with "cheating" in
their name, they are removed from the stats. That account "ended because of
cheat-clients" or something like this is from a member who quit the project
because he felt it is sensless to continue due to the cheat-clients - and
that nothing really official came from distributed.net that said "hey ok,
this is what we do now." So it was just his descision. His account there is
still free from cheated WorkUnits.
You just misinterpreted it.

Gudi