AW: [RC5] RE: Do not forget about the cheaters :)

tomdv at datatx.com tomdv at datatx.com
Fri Jan 9 20:14:34 EST 2004

Accounts that are recognized as "cheaters" are not marked with "cheating"
in
their name, they are removed from the stats. That account "ended because of
cheat-clients" or something like this is from a member who quit the project
because he felt it is sensless to continue due to the cheat-clients - and
that nothing really official came from distributed.net that said "hey ok,
this is what we do now." So it was just his descision. His account there is
still free from cheated WorkUnits.
You just misinterpreted it.

Gudi

Too bad, I thought we could stone the cheaters ;)