[RC5] custom cd

Elektron elektron_rc5 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 20 03:01:47 EST 2004

On 20 Jan, 2004, at 11:09, Aaron Kramer wrote:

> has anyone made a custom linux cd-rom image they are willing to share
> for rc5?
>
> the custom cd would
> - boot
> - support at least 2 processors (smp)
> - have a configurable IP address, subnet mask, def gateway, dns
> - nfs client share out to a server (local subnet) for the rc5 client,
> and point to the share for in and out buffers, and a local subnet rc5
> proxy server....
>
> before i go build one myself, was wondering if anyone has done this
> already and is willing to share?
> thanks.

The problem here is that you have to configure every time you boot
(unless it writes to the HD, and then it defeats the purpose of a CD
image).

And then you need to bother with PPP and DHCP and stuff to be complete.

I'm thinking most setups boot off a HD anyway. I also think that you
should be able to get a 1 GB HD quite cheaply (they're not antique
yet).

- Purr