[RC5] Another antivirus vendor has us.

Floppus Floppus at Chello.nl
Tue Jan 27 15:54:48 EST 2004

Several Anti-Virus companies have been contacted already. Detailed
information is very welcome in getting the anti-virus companies to
understand the problem and have them solve it.

I'd recommend to include:
- Distributed.net client version / type of package
- Anti-Virus name, its version, the dates of the definition files, language
- name of the file marked as virus, what virus the software says it is

It proves to be fairly hard to communicate with some of these companies. I
even encountered the following reply on a full explanation and included
client (translated):
"thank you for your e-mail, the .... virus was detected in your package. You
are saying this is a false alarm, but its not. This is NOT a false alarm!"

Several bugreports have been filed concerning different Anti-Virus vendors.
I would be very grateful if anyone that can add more detailed information
would do so.
http://n0cgi.distributed.net/bugs/ (try "virus" or "trojan" in the
quicksearch, or browse the open client bugs)

Thanks,

Floppus