[RC5] RC5-72 buffer files and old assigned blocks

Brad Tod brad_tod at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 12 19:59:01 EDT 2004

just do them, shouldn't take too long and the universe won't implode if they have been done by somebody else already

Andrew Manore <manorea at migate.net> wrote:I found buffer files for RC5-72 and OGR on another computer a few months
ago and decided to upload the finished units from the buff-out files. If
I remember correctly, these files were dated from around January of 2003.

I've processed a good portion of the 330 or so work units that were in
the old buff-in file, and have 212 work units remaining - 1.20:41:48.00
worth of work on my system (P4 Prescott @ 2.8ghz, 800mhz FSB).

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and finish the rest of the work units.
Does the RC5 projects proceed in a linear fashion, or are units taken
from random parts of the key space and distributed? Basically, I'm
wondering if I'll be doing work that's already been completed. According
to the most recent statistics, I'm apparently receiving credit for these
blocks.

--
Andrew Manore
E-Mail: manorea at migate.net