[RC5] RC5-72 buffer files and old assigned blocks

Chris Jones fiddles at distributed.net
Tue Jul 13 10:24:53 EDT 2004

> does anybody know EXACT algorithm by which is Dnet server working with
> blocks? I mean, in theory, server must give to us blocks by linear
> algorithm and only in the END of all work server should send us blocks
> which were sent in the beginning and were not completed till those
> day..

the keymaster works in "subspaces" - it picks a section of the whole keyspace,
and starts handing out keys in that region.  Basically, the only way you'll
know if your work will be accepted is to submit it.

Chances are the blocks have already been re-distributed, but you'll never know
for sure till you try :)