[RC5] building the client for Power4 or Power5

Didier Levet kakace at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 19 14:18:09 EDT 2004

Le 19 juil. 04, à 19:10, Lawrence Hannon a écrit :

> I'm trying to build dnetc under AIX using later versions of the power
> processor. If I compile with anything but -q[arch,tune]=pwr (say by
> modifying the Makefile to compile with pwr3, pwr4), I get the
> following:
>
> Undefined symbol: rc5_72_unit_func_KKS2pipes
> Undefined symbol: rc5_72_unit_func_ppc_mh_2
> Undefined symbol: rc5_72_unit_func_mh604e_addi
> Undefined symbol: rc5_72_unit_func_mh603e_addi
> Undefined symbol: rc5_72_unit_func_KKS604e
>
> Any insight or suggestions as to what needs to be done?

These are the RC5 cores (assembly sources) for PowerPC processors.
They are used by default when you have CLIENT_CPU=CPU_POWERPC
If they don't suit your needs, you should remove them from the makefile
and update core_72.cpp to change the core selection logic (arrange to
select the ANSI cores that reside in rc5-72/ansi/ ). Maybe setting
CLIENT_CPU=CPU_POWER is enough to get rid of them (check cputypes.h
for details)
IIRC, assembly sources in the form *.toc.s follow the AIX ABI. But I'm
not
sure these cores would work on pwr3/pwr4 though.

Didier.