[RC5] RC5-72 on Blue Gene/L?

Greg Lobring globring at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 15:34:16 EST 2004

Assuming that the Dnet client could run properly on and handle the #
of processors (I think there are over 8,000), it would be really cool
to fire up the client on IBM's Blue Gene/L machine and see what the
keyrate would be.

I imagine it would really bump me up in the stats!

Certainly I have no in-depth knowledge of the client's architecture to
know if its even feasible, but whenever I read stories about these
types of supercomputers, I find it funny that the first thing I think
about is how many keys it could crunch! I think I have been running
dnet too long!