[RC5] How to configure client to leave idle CPU time?

Elektron elektron_rc5 at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 7 13:10:39 EDT 2004

>> Only other temperature the MB software shows is circa 20deg lower
>> then the CPU one.
>> And when I noticed the CPU reaching 78 I've paused dnetc for 3
>> minutes, which
>> lowered thes to 70. The temperature was raising slower and slower, I
>> just didn't check if 78 was stable or growing very very slowly.
>
> Ouch! The Maximum an XP can go is 85 degrees.  I would seriously have
> a look at what is causing that high temperature.  Are you sure that
> the temperature monitor that you are using is giving a correct
> reading?

Well, with the case off, mine gets 42 with motherboard temperature of
30 (athlon XP overclocked to 2800+ ish). I'd look into a new
heatsink/fan/both, personally, given that they're not really that
expensive.

I also should look into getting a couple 25mm fans for my external HD.
Heat can't be good for its lifetime.

- Purr