[RC5] re: Power PC G4 vs. G5

Steven Nikkel steven_nikkel at ertyu.org
Mon Aug 1 21:27:01 EDT 2005

The client only benchmarks a single cpu. Therefore your G5 is capable of
~36mkeys/s. The 970 core is disabled because it is slower than the other
cores on the G5 processor. Sometime in the future we may see an optimized
core for G5 processors.

The speed database is a handy reference to see if you are getting results
inline with what would be expected: http://www.distributed.net/speed/