[RC5] Jubilee

Décio Luiz Gazzoni Filho decio at decpp.net
Sat Dec 3 23:16:50 EST 2005

On Dec 4, 2005, at 2:00 AM, bert wrote:

> My brain hurts with trying to comprehend that math

Yeah, and what long and complicated words the guy used like
`interpreting' and `participant'! I bet your brain hurts from reading
too!

Décio

PS: the calculations below are oversimplified -- it assumes an
`average' key cracking rate, and doesn't take into account whether a
given participant puts more or less effort into the project. It's
better to take your daily keyrate from the stats page and divide it
by the number of remaining keys, which is (1 - (% complete)/100)
*2^72. Now that's almost PhD-level mathematics!