[RC5] stats downtime

Chris Jones fiddles at distributed.net
Sun Nov 20 02:07:34 EST 2005

It depends on how long it takes them to get the card installed, get
everything tested, and get it back operational.

As I understand it (I'm not terribly well-versed on the hardware side of
stats-box) the new card is a few models higher, and a few years newer.
IIRC, it supports a whole host of things the current one doesn't.  Plus,
it was noted that the vendor won't cross-ship (send us a replacement
while we send back the faulty one), so we'd have to ship the entire unit
back -- which could mean potentially weeks of unavailability, during
which we wouldn't even have the server.