[RC5] calculator

Jonathan Smith jsmith at cygnacom.com
Tue Feb 14 18:30:00 EST 2006

Ok, my two previous attempts to reply to this email didn't go through.  I'll
try again from this account.

I took a look at the calculator and made some updates to the code.
I added AMD Athlon XP/MP, Power PC G5, and AMD Opteron.
I also updated the numbers using the v2.9011 client for Intel
Celeron/PII/PIII, AMD Athlon/Duron.
And I added some comments explaining how to calculate the necessary
processor values.

If you'd like to see this updated version it is at
http://freya.pelagiris.org/~josmith7/rc5calc.html
If nerf would like to use this to replace the version he has, that would be
great.

With reliable benchmark numbers, other new processors would be also easy to
add.
I just don't really trust the numbers out of the speed database; there seem
to be too much variation and too few entries.

	-Jonathan